International Conference: Claiming Civic Space Together4. marts 2019
Global Focus and members are excited to invite civil society actors, governments and the private sector from around the world to the two-day international conference: “Claiming Civic Space Together – Joint strategies to ensure development and humanitarian action” on 4-5 March 2019 in Copenhagen.
The aim of the conference is to bring together civil society from different parts of the world that experience different forms of civic space restrictions, as well as private sector actors and governments, to decide on tangible strategies to protect and enhance civic space globally.
Thematic tracks, linking civic space to various aspects of the SDG agenda, will be a point of departure, however, the key element is to find strategies and solutions across themes, areas, and sectors to ensure civic space globally and acknowledge the importance of civic space to carry out development and humanitarian work worldwide.
- #MediaToo – Shrinking Space for Independent Media and Freedom of Expression
- How to Engage with Religious Actors Role in Building and Defending Civic Space
- Private Sector and Civic Space
- Gender and LGBTIQ+ Specific Challenges and Responses
- Children and Young People as Civic Actors
- Civic Space for Environmental and Indigenous Activists
- Role of National Human Rights Institutes
- Civic Space in Humanitarian Action
Venue: GAME, Enghavevej 82D, 2450 København SV.
For more information, please contact, Sara Katrine Brandt, Civil Society Advisor at Global Focus, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tilmelding via link: http://globaltfokus.dk/arrangementer/icalrepeat.detail/2019/03/04/1876/-/international-conference-claiming-civic-space-together?fbclid=IwAR3OdQyWlMXRRm0gsCpSY_i5Rwn4iQO8VVVbpF8fqThfe0bHlrf_hmuTDlQ